Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Let's Do This!

Hey - that's me!
Hello world-wide inter webs! My name is Sara Jane and I have started this blog for many reasons. I have a lot knocking around in this noggin and could use as many creative outlets as possible to set my musings free. I love to craft, create, design, emote, advocate, organize, educate, collaborate, lead…you get the idea, right? Hence, Sara Jane of All Trades. So, this blog will likely be a bit of everything and may seem to be a bit scattered at times, but that is who I am. 


Our amazing son, Jackson             
I consider myself an amazingly lucky girl. I am married to the love of my life and we have the most amazing son who just so happens to have Fragile X Syndrome. Fragile what? I know, I had never heard of it until we received his diagnosis several years back. But over the years we have learned so much and met so many amazing people living "the Fragile X way" that we are well on our way to being experts and if you choose to follow this blog, you might just find yourself on that path as well. For now, if you would like to learn a bit more about Fragile X, feel free to visit the National Fragile X Foundation's website for tons of resources and information - www.fragilex.org.


My partner-in-crime for the last 10 years, Shanon 
My formal education is in Theatre and Education and I still have a deep passion for both. I have spent time professionally in sales, marketing, non-profit management, and working in homes and schools supporting children with special needs. I am currently a stay-at-home mom where my talents are poured into visual schedules, developing routines, coordinating with our son's education team, juggling the schedules of our busy family, and tackling mountains of dishes and laundry on a weekly basis. Glamorous, right?  


My two heroes :) 
I am eternally grateful to my wife for working her tail off so that I can spend this precious time with our son. Without her, and the support of a great network of family and friends, we would all likely be headed to the madhouse sooner rather than later. I am also thankful that most days I have just enough time left over to be creative in some way. So join me on this crazy journey, will you? I can't promise I will write with any regularity, but I'm hoping that when I do, there will be at least a little nugget of information, insight, or inspiration that you can connect with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment